Privacy Statement Froster B.V.
On this page you will find the privacy statement of Froster B.V. (‘’Froster’’). Froster focuses on logistics transport of frozen products, among other things. Food companies are being relieved by Froster of logistical services.
This privacy statement provides you information about the processing of data. This also includes the processing of data that we receive on our website: www.froster.nl
By using our website(s) or by contacting us, we receive certain information from you. Because we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and protecting your privacy, we have developed this privacy statement. With this privacy statement, we wish to inform you how we acquire, use, disclose, and process the information you provide when using our website.
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
- Which personal data do we process and from whom we collect personal data?
- How is your data secured?
- With whom will your data be shared?
- How long will your data be retained?
- What rights do you have regarding data processing?
- Updates to our privacy statement
1. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
If you use our services, we are the controller for processing your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). This means that we are able to determine the purposes for which and the means with which your personal data are processed. We consider it our responsibility to treat your data with the utmost care and confidentiality.
2. Which personal data do we process and from whom we collect personal data?
We receive certain information when you use our services or contact us. The personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to, your names, address, phone number, email address, birth date, bank account details, as well as any other information you (actively) provide to us, for example by correspondence, by phone or by making an appointment. We collect all this information of you in order to:
- identify you and address you by your name;
- process and answer your queries;
- execute the agreement that we have with you;
- communicate with you in case of comments or feedback;
- send you the requested information, like a quotation;
- compile and analyze statistics about the use of our website(s);
- improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our website(s);
- save and handle potential job applications;
We may also combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources, like our website(s). This helps us to improve the overall accuracy. If you use our website(s), your data will be processed automatically. This concerns the following information:
- Information about the browser that is used (type, version, screen resolution etc.);
- IP address;
- Language preferences;
- Data liked to the use of the website(s);
- Contact details that are given via the contact form.
We process your personal data when you apply for a job within our company. If you apply for a vacancy, we collect the following data:
- your name and surname;
- date of birth;
- email address;
- phone number;
- curriculum vitae (including details of training, education, internships and work experience);
- availability details;
- data related to your salary.
We do not collect or process special data about applicants, for example data revealing your racial or ethnic background, political or religious beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation. If, due to certain circumstances, sensitive information about an applicant is collected, we will ask for your explicit, written consent.
The processing of your data must have a legal basis. In most cases, this will be the performance of an agreement, a legal obligation or our legitimate interests. We would like to offer you the best possible service and therefore it is necessary to process your data. This is the case, for example, when sending emails, when you visit our website and/or when we promote via our social media channels. We always take your privacy interests into account. If there is a legitimate interest, we will of course check whether we believe that your interests do not outweigh ours.
Special and/or sensitive personal data
We do not intend to collect data of our website visitors who are younger that 16 years of age, unless the parents or guardian granted permission for this data collection. However, we cannot check whether a website visitor is older than 16 years. For this reason, we encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent the collection of data without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us using the contact details below. We will then make sure that this data will be deleted.
We use small text files called cookies to provide website functionality. These cookies are saved on your computer and/or mobile device(s) when you visit our website and store information that allows us to improve the website’s ease of use and user-friendliness. You can find more information about the cookies we use by consulting our Cookie Statement.
3. How is your data secured?
Your privacy is of paramount importance to us, and we ensure that your data are treated confidentially and with the utmost care. We have therefore adopted appropriate technical and organisational security measures against the loss, theft or otherwise unlawful processing of these data. For example, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is restricted, and that our security measures are regularly checked. We also encrypt emails and other messages containing special personal data.
4. With whom will your data be shared?
We may also disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is legally required or reasonably necessary for the execution of the agreement. Relevant examples of such disclosure include submitting your personal data to a third party that is responsible for executing an agreement or using this data to accurately respond to questions or complaints. Your personal data will only be disclosed to individuals, agencies, or organizations outside of the European Union if the country in question has an appropriate level of data protection.
5. How long will your data be retained?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and will not store this information for more than seven (7) years after the data is no longer necessary or those purposes, provided that no legal requirements exist to the contrary such as in the case of retention periods required by law.
If you did not work for us or via us and we are unable to offer you employment, we will continue to process your personal data for up 4 weeks after sending the rejection. In case of your consent, we may retain your personal data up to 1 year.
For the retention period of data collected via cookies, please refer to the cookie statement.
6. What rights do you have regarding data processing?
We would like to inform you of your rights concerning the collection and use of your data. Under European law, individuals have the right to:
- Access their personal data
Individuals have the right to access the personal data we collect and may obtain a copy of this data by contacting us.
Individuals have the right to have personal data rectified if it is incomplete and/or erroneous and can make a request for rectification by contacting us.
In some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data. Those circumstances include:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and/or processed;
- You withdraw the (explicit) consent you previously provided to process the information;
- You object to the processing of your personal data and have legitimate, compelling reasons which supersede our interests and reasons for processing your data;
- You object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- You are below the age of 16 and our website has collected your personal data;
- We are obligated to delete your personal data after the time limits set by laws or other regulations;
- There are (no longer) any legal grounds for processing your data.
- Data minimisation
Individuals reserve the right to minimize the processing of your personal data. If we are informed that we are using incorrect personal data, we will not use this data until it has been rectified. We will furthermore restrict processing data if the processing is either unlawful or no longer necessary, or you oppose the erasure of your personal data and instead request the restriction of their use.
- Data portability (= the transfer of data)
You reserve the right to data portability, i.e. to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us.
You have the right to object to direct marketing or because of your specific situation. Of course, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us, if your personal data is used for purposes other than necessary for the execution of an agreement or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. If you object to the processing of your personal data that is necessary for the performance of our work, we consider it important to state that it is not possible to offer our services to you without your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the contact details provided below.
Prof. Zeemanweg 19
5144 NN WAALWIJK
If you are unhappy with the way we collect, store, or process your personal data, please contact us. If the situation is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA).
9. Updates to our privacy statement
We reserve the right to adjust this privacy statement. If there are any changes, we will publish them on our website.